Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud erased all documents on my hard disk and prevents me from storing on my disk.

My iCloud "captured" my MAC. I can not any longer get access to anything but iCloud when I want to save a document. iCloud erased documents on my hard disk.

How should I proceed to fix the problem?

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 2:50 AM

Open system preferences > iCloud and uncheck the box of iCloud Drive a pop up window appears , showing to keep a copy of documents , and remove from the Mac .

( a ) if you had clicked on keep a copy , they will be archived in home folder that can be viewed by clicking on finder in the dock , take cursor on top menu bar > Go > Home > your user name > iCloud Drive ( Archive ) .

( b ) if you had clicked on remove from Mac , the iCloud Drive box will be unchecked , you have to again click on empty iCloud Drive box it will turn on , make sure you had always turned on desktops and documents box Use iCloud Drive to store documents on your Mac and iOS devices - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2022 2:50 AM in response to ireneshe

Open system preferences > iCloud and uncheck the box of iCloud Drive a pop up window appears , showing to keep a copy of documents , and remove from the Mac .

( a ) if you had clicked on keep a copy , they will be archived in home folder that can be viewed by clicking on finder in the dock , take cursor on top menu bar > Go > Home > your user name > iCloud Drive ( Archive ) .

( b ) if you had clicked on remove from Mac , the iCloud Drive box will be unchecked , you have to again click on empty iCloud Drive box it will turn on , make sure you had always turned on desktops and documents box Use iCloud Drive to store documents on your Mac and iOS devices - Apple Support

iCloud erased all documents on my hard disk and prevents me from storing on my disk.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.