Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can any iTunes Family Sharing member upload Non-iTune purchased music to iCloud?

My spouse is setting up her iTunes account for family sharing.

I on the other hand have a big music library on my PC that I want to upload to my iCloud and stream from there.

Question: If the iTunes Family sharing is on my spouse's account will I be able to upload my music library (non-iTune purchased music), or will I need to open up a iTunes Music acct with Family Share using my own Apple account?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 1:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 7:26 AM

Hi steenrocks,

Family Sharing allows members of the family group access to various Apple services and features, such as Apple Music.

With Apple Music comes iCloud Music Library which allows you to match songs from your personal library with the iTunes catalogue for streaming across devices. You'd need your own Apple ID to be part of Family Sharing, but provided you have one you can upload and stream your own music through that subscription. S

See more details here:

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2022 7:26 AM in response to steenrocks

Hi steenrocks,

Family Sharing allows members of the family group access to various Apple services and features, such as Apple Music.

With Apple Music comes iCloud Music Library which allows you to match songs from your personal library with the iTunes catalogue for streaming across devices. You'd need your own Apple ID to be part of Family Sharing, but provided you have one you can upload and stream your own music through that subscription. S

See more details here:

Take care.

Can any iTunes Family Sharing member upload Non-iTune purchased music to iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.