Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Check coverage page shows the phone is already activated, but I haven't received the new phone yet

I want to purchase an iPhone 13 that's supposedly still sealed from a private person. If I check its serial number on the Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support page, it says

Telephone Technical Support: Active, Estimated Expiration Date: June 24, 2022

Repairs and Service Coverage: Active, Estimated Expiration Date: March 25, 2023

Can an iPhone be activated while being in a sealed box? Or does this mean this iPhone has been used before and this seller is not to be trusted?

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 4:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 5:00 AM

Date is referring to the "purchase date" (that's when the warranty starts from).

That iPhone was sold by Apple (or by an authorized reseller) on March 25, 2022, and yes, it might never have been activated.

Regards

Giulio

2 replies

Jun 2, 2022 5:03 AM in response to M1ke8

Warranty starts from the date it was purchased. Those dates you see reflect the purchase date, not activation date,

You have a year on the warranty and 3 months of phone support. The seller purchased the phone on March 25th of this year.

Buying a used phone can be a gamble, read the following article.

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a Used iPad/iPhone.

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying … - Apple Community

Check coverage page shows the phone is already activated, but I haven't received the new phone yet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.