Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Checking the iPhone

Please tell me, I bought a new iPhone 13 pro green color until I activated it. Checked by serial number and shows that he already has a limited warranty, is he not new? Can you check when it was activated and where if so?

DQ****XQM

Or can it still be considered completely new?

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 8:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 9:07 AM

Check its Serial or IMEI number here:--> checkcoverage.apple.com

If you had bought that device via Apple official channels (Apple Online Shop, physical Apple Store or Apple Authorized seller) this would not have happened. Warranty would have started from the date of purchase.

The fact remains that it could be a brand new device.

Regards

Giulio

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2022 9:07 AM in response to Bulgarin

Check its Serial or IMEI number here:--> checkcoverage.apple.com

If you had bought that device via Apple official channels (Apple Online Shop, physical Apple Store or Apple Authorized seller) this would not have happened. Warranty would have started from the date of purchase.

The fact remains that it could be a brand new device.

Regards

Giulio

Jul 15, 2022 9:07 AM in response to Bulgarin

You are not addressing Apple here. This is a user to user support forum. If you checked the serial number, the activation date would be 12 months earlier than the warranty expiration. Did you purchase this device from Apple, an Authorized Apple Reseller, or an individual. It sounds like a grey area phone, one that was not purchased from one of the above. Those are phones purchased by another retailer and they wish to resell it. That warranty begins when the device is purchased from an authorized Seller.

Checking the iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.