Non Active Device

Hi All, I am form Pakistan and I am checking an iphone whether it is official or not. The serial numnber mentioned on the box is FWP9K4X79Q and upon entering this serial number Apple is giving me this statement, "Activate Your Device We’re unable to display coverage details because your device hasn’t been registered. Please contact your Apple product retailer or your wireless carrier to register this device", Retailor also claims that this iphone has not been activated yet and the box is complete seal pack.

Can Anyone tell me what does this mean and does this mean the device is authentic. What can I do more to make sure the authenticity of this product.

Many Thanks

Muhammad Ahmad

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 3:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 3:42 AM

what it does seem to suggest is that one can't use apples check serial number page before the device one wish to check the serial number of has been activated

if it was me then I would try to reach out to their support for other ways to check if it's fake

Get Support (apple.com),

or  Contact - Official Apple

Support

1 reply

Non Active Device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.