Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to play chart music with no swearing??

I regularly have my 9yo daughter over and she wants to listen to the latest chart within iTunes. Almost all the chart songs in the official top 40 in iTunes have swearing in and it’s not appropriate for family gatherings. How can I be reassured that the chart music I play from iTunes on a speaker to a small group of friends and their children is t going to be flooded with profanity? Not good, any help would be great. Thanks.

iMac, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 9:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 2:20 PM

As it doesn't sound as if you want to listen to the explicit language yourself, either, you can enable the restrictions on your own phone. Settings>Screentime>Content & Privacy Restrictions>Content Restrictions>Music, Podcasts, News & Workouts>Clean. That way, Music should play the "clean" version of a song, if one exists.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2022 2:20 PM in response to timtimmy

As it doesn't sound as if you want to listen to the explicit language yourself, either, you can enable the restrictions on your own phone. Settings>Screentime>Content & Privacy Restrictions>Content Restrictions>Music, Podcasts, News & Workouts>Clean. That way, Music should play the "clean" version of a song, if one exists.

Jun 2, 2022 1:59 PM in response to turingtest2

Sorry if I was a bit vague…it’s my iPhone and personally I don’t appreciate swearing in every other song either. Why does a song have to have swearing in to be ‘cool’. Isn’t there a way to play the chart with radio edits preferably without having to add each track manually. The Official Chart updates weekly which is handy, and would be good if there was a ‘radio edit’ facility.

How to play chart music with no swearing??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.