Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mid 2009 MacBook Pro can't install Mac OS X El Capitan

A few months ago, I was experiencing a black screen problem while logging into a mid-2009 MacBook Pro. I tried to recover and fix the black screen problem, but it doesn't work.

Then I went into recovery section of MacOS to find out that I have formatted the hard drive. I reinstalled Mac OS, but it gives that message, and the laptop kept getting that message every time I turn it on.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 2:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 1:52 AM

Was this Apple Method used >> Use Disk Utility to erase an Intel-based Mac

Then was this Apple Method used >> How to reinstall macOS. This will require a functioning Internet Connection. For best results use an Ethernet Cable directly to Router.

Follow these guidelines during installation:

• If the installer asks to unlock your disk, enter the password you use to log in to your Mac.
  • If the installer doesn't see your disk, or it says that it can't install on your computer or volume, you might need to erase your disk first.
  • If the installer offers you the choice between installing on Macintosh HD or Macintosh HD - Data, choose Macintosh HD.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2022 1:52 AM in response to EvanLei

Was this Apple Method used >> Use Disk Utility to erase an Intel-based Mac

Then was this Apple Method used >> How to reinstall macOS. This will require a functioning Internet Connection. For best results use an Ethernet Cable directly to Router.

Follow these guidelines during installation:

• If the installer asks to unlock your disk, enter the password you use to log in to your Mac.
  • If the installer doesn't see your disk, or it says that it can't install on your computer or volume, you might need to erase your disk first.
  • If the installer offers you the choice between installing on Macintosh HD or Macintosh HD - Data, choose Macintosh HD.

Mid 2009 MacBook Pro can't install Mac OS X El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.