Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen Phone Location

It seems that if a thief is taking a lot of phones to one location, that the location address would frequently show up in Apple records as 'last known location' or even current location. Has anyone been helped by apple on this? My stolen phone indicates a current location despite my phone being offline...I can even see it move locations within the same area...on my devices but nothing on Find my phone....except that it is offline.

So I wanted to see if Apple has or had more phones with the same last location or current location. If it's several all at the same address, that would be a big step in catching a repeat thief.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 4:32 PM

4 replies

Jun 2, 2022 4:49 PM in response to sntennis

sntennis wrote:

Based on experience or you work for Apple?

Should we not as customers see if they can find similar locations of stolen phones? I think if car tracking was as common as phone tracking we could locate stolen cars all in one location...perhaps it's done and you are not aware of that? I am thinking the police can get this information. Wanting to see if anyone has ever had any experience with this process. Please reply if you have had experience with this process...or if you work for Apple.

Thanks

nobody in these user to user technical forum works for Apple. I don't need experience, I've been in these forums a long time and know they don't do that.

Apple does not get involved with stolen phones.

They provide you with this If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Jun 2, 2022 4:36 PM in response to sntennis

sntennis wrote:

It seems that if a thief is taking a lot of phones to one location, that the location address would frequently show up in Apple records as 'last known location' or even current location. Has anyone been helped by apple on this? My stolen phone indicates a current location despite my phone being offline...I can even see it move locations within the same area...on my devices but nothing on Find my phone....except that it is offline.

So I wanted to see if Apple has or had more phones with the same last location or current location. If it's several all at the same address, that would be a big step in catching a repeat thief.

Apple does not get involved with lost/stolen phone, just like your car manufacturer wouldn't help with your stolen car.

Jun 2, 2022 4:43 PM in response to razmee209

Based on experience or you work for Apple?

Should we not as customers see if they can find similar locations of stolen phones? I think if car tracking was as common as phone tracking we could locate stolen cars all in one location...perhaps it's done and you are not aware of that? I am thinking the police can get this information. Wanting to see if anyone has ever had any experience with this process. Please reply if you have had experience with this process...or if you work for Apple.

Thanks

Stolen Phone Location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.