Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lacie 6big

I just got my Mac Studio and can't get my Lacie 6Big drive to connect. I did a lot of searching and it seems like there were a lot of issues a while back but according to the Lacie site the drive is supported on Apple silicone. I am running MacOS 12.4 and when I go to install the Lacie RAID Manager, it says to go to security settings and allow the Marvell driver to be installed. When I go there, I don't see any mention of that driver or any way to allow the install. Has anyone else gotten this drive to work? I can make a USB connection but not Thunderbolt. I do have a call into Lacie but figured I would post here. Thanks.

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 4:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 7:24 AM

Bob Bailey1 wrote:

I just got my Mac Studio and can't get my Lacie 6Big drive to connect. I did a lot of searching and it seems like there were a lot of issues a while back but according to the Lacie site the drive is supported on Apple silicone. I am running MacOS 12.4 and when I go to install the Lacie RAID Manager, it says to go to security settings and allow the Marvell driver to be installed. When I go there, I don't see any mention of that driver or any way to allow the install. Has anyone else gotten this drive to work? I can make a USB connection but not Thunderbolt. I do have a call into Lacie but figured I would post here. Thanks.

You can always try a different brand drive.

if in doubt search the developers website or contact: Support/Help/FAQ/Known issues/compatibility/Updates

LaCie Support US

Contact Us | LaCie US

Product Support | LaCie Support US

Software and Firmware Downloads | LaCie Support US

USB External Troubleshooter | LaCie Support US

Warranty & Replacements | LaCie Support US

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2022 7:24 AM in response to Bob Bailey1

Bob Bailey1 wrote:

You can always try a different brand drive.

if in doubt search the developers website or contact: Support/Help/FAQ/Known issues/compatibility/Updates

LaCie Support US

Contact Us | LaCie US

Product Support | LaCie Support US

Software and Firmware Downloads | LaCie Support US

USB External Troubleshooter | LaCie Support US

Warranty & Replacements | LaCie Support US

Lacie 6big

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.