Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

inbox in junk mail folder

Hello

I have noticed a Inbox in my mail accounts which seems to reside in a Junk Mail folder, I am not sure if this is correct or why it is there , I have tried to move it into the inbox folders but it will not move.

Could one of the mail experts please give some advice on this, I have several emails accounts as you can see in the slide below , the inbox that is at issue is in the red rectangles and if you look down the folder tree you will see it under the junk emails folder as well.

None of the other mail accounts I have is like this at all. it looks odd to me and I am not sure why it is like this. It belongs to a domain that I own.

Thank you very much for any advice.

Neil.

Macbook Pro, M1 2020 macOS 12.3.1

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 11:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 11:54 AM

spiritburner wrote:

I am wondering if it would be better to delete the account completely, close Mail , reboot and open mail again and then add that particular account back in and hopefully it will be in the right place and will be populated from the mail server so i dont lose any data in it. I'm not sure whether that would clear the error.

Yes the go to way to sort issue on a problem account is to delete the account and add it back in...

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Note—

• IMAP accounts stay on the server, so no local loss, when you re-sync
  • POP accounts download and remove from the server—therefor save your inbox/sent box if you want them
  • "On My Mac" is just that, local folders you created and moved mail into. So no loss

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2022 11:54 AM in response to spiritburner

spiritburner wrote:

I am wondering if it would be better to delete the account completely, close Mail , reboot and open mail again and then add that particular account back in and hopefully it will be in the right place and will be populated from the mail server so i dont lose any data in it. I'm not sure whether that would clear the error.

Yes the go to way to sort issue on a problem account is to delete the account and add it back in...

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Note—

• IMAP accounts stay on the server, so no local loss, when you re-sync
  • POP accounts download and remove from the server—therefor save your inbox/sent box if you want them
  • "On My Mac" is just that, local folders you created and moved mail into. So no loss

Jun 3, 2022 7:35 AM in response to spiritburner

spiritburner wrote:

Hello

I have noticed a Inbox in my mail accounts which seems to reside in a Junk Mail folder, I am not sure if this is correct or why it is there , I have tried to move it into the inbox folders but it will not move.

Could one of the mail experts please give some advice on this, I have several emails accounts as you can see in the slide below , the inbox that is at issue is in the red rectangles and if you look down the folder tree you will see it under the junk emails folder as well.

None of the other mail accounts I have is like this at all. it looks odd to me and I am not sure why it is like this. It belongs to a domain that I own.

Thank you very much for any advice.

Neil.

Macbook Pro, M1 2020 macOS 12.3.1

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/106055c6-0ace-43a9-87e3-8d52ffdb6c84

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.4

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

You can add or remove— Control click on any mailbox

Mail User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Jun 3, 2022 11:40 AM in response to leroydouglas

Many thanks for your reply.

I am aware of Control Click and had already tried that option several months back when I noticed the issue first time and then promptly forgot about it until yesterday.

That inbox can not be deleted from that part of the folder tree in the All Junk folder at the bottom of the screen. It does not have the delete option in the context menu that appears after control click.

I do not understand why that email account's inbox is visible within the All Junk folder. No others are. I have also left short notes on the screen grabs of the Mail Window for you to see how that account is showing itself in the folder trees.

I can delete the folder named Spam within the tree of "Inbox" in All Junk , which i have done but that is not the folder that needs to be removed. The Account named "Inbox" is the issue I think here surely as its also appearing outside of the All Inbox's Folder and then appearing as well in the All junk Folder as an Inbox??

Would you have any insight on this please?

Seems all very strange

Thank you

Neil.

inbox in junk mail folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.