Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activity and Health app not syncing

Hello,

Looks like I have a problem with the Activity app and the Health app.

The two do not sync, so the following problem arises:

In the Health application I have a number of steps of 2000 for example and on the Apple Watch I have only 15.

What I mean is that if I leave my watch on charging and take 5,000 steps with my phone in hand, these steps won't sync to the Activity app on the Apple Watch.

I followed the steps below:

"On your iPhone, go to: Settings> Privacy> Motion & Fitness - check that both Fitness Tracking and Health are enabled.

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch> Privacy> check that both Fitness Tracking and Heart Rate are enabled.

Close certain apps and then restart (normally) both your iPhone and your Apple Watch:

Close the Watch app, Activity app and Health app (if open) on your iPhone:

Double-click the Home button, then swipe up on each app preview to close the apps.

Turn both devices off together, then restart your iPhone first "

I also reset the Apple Watch and unpair it.

Please help me, it's very frustrating.

Apple Watch SE

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 5:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 5:52 AM

Any steps you record with the phone goes straight into the health app and NOT to the watch,anything your watch records goes via the fitness/activity app then is uploaded to the health app,they are both separate processes.The health app is a database for all your fitness data regardless of where it comes from.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2022 5:52 AM in response to PaulBogdann

Any steps you record with the phone goes straight into the health app and NOT to the watch,anything your watch records goes via the fitness/activity app then is uploaded to the health app,they are both separate processes.The health app is a database for all your fitness data regardless of where it comes from.

Activity and Health app not syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.