Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update to macOS Monterey 12.4 not available for Mac Mini M1 2018 Macmini8,1

My macmini is running ok but is stuck at version 12.2.1 of macOS. In system preferences, the 'Software Update' says that I'm up to date. I tried a safe reboot twice including booting up in a clean test-user and my regular user account. There is another post for a macmini M1 with this problem that was resolved with a safe boot. I have another Macmini8,1 on the same network that updated ok to version 12.4. I can't find a manual download for the update, and would prefer not reinstalling macOS every time theres an update. thanks

Mac mini, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 6:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 6:52 AM

Run this command in the Terminal…

softwareupdate --fetch-full-installer --full-installer-version 12.4

It will download the full installer to the Applications folder. Once it's done you can run the installer from there.

Similar questions

7 replies

Jun 3, 2022 6:53 AM in response to Alf2001

There are factors:

1 - Like poor Wifi connection

2 - Slow wifi connection

3 - Too many other people downloading at the same time and Apple Severs are overloaded

4 - Software on the computer interfering with the download process including AntiVirus Software

Notation: Disabling the AV Software may or may not solve the issue. Removal of the AV Software may increase the chances of the download to perform as expected.

5 - Running behind a VPN which may increase Packet losses or corruption of the download 

6 - If via wifi too many Other devices using the wifi at the same time reducing the Bandwidth to your computer. 

7 - Best Results are via Ethernet Cable to Router

Jun 3, 2022 8:51 AM in response to PRP_53

The problematic macmini is connected via an ethernet cable with excellent download speed and none of the other options are probably relevant since tried Safe Boot, and no antivirus program present. I think there's an OS issue of some sort since saw before on a different mac and had to eventually just do a clean install. Thanks anyway

Update to macOS Monterey 12.4 not available for Mac Mini M1 2018 Macmini8,1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.