Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP ZR2740w not working

I have a perfectly good (but old) HP ZR2740w display. I have a fairly new MacBook Air. I know the display works because I can plug it into an old Windows machine DisplayPort to DisplayPort. Works fine. I have bought 2 cables. A USB-C to DVI-D and a USB-C to DisplayPort. In both cases the display stays black. Would love to salvage this and make it work. Any suggestions? Thanks. Steve

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 11:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 11:58 AM

What exactly does "fairly new" mean? Open the Apple logo at extreme top left > About This Mac ... you'll find your Mac (year and other stuff) there.

https://www.macworld.com/article/671793/how-to-connect-an-external-monitor-to-your-mac.html

Similar questions

6 replies

Jun 4, 2022 4:49 AM in response to W Stephen Wilson

Unfortunately, trial and error is a way of life with computer peripherals. I have several moving boxes full of cables, adapters, extensions, and such from years of computer building and using. I feel your pain. And frankly, ads on Amazon or wherever are generally only marginally helpful.

Manufacturers make things to fit "everyman's" computer and there will always be that portion of the population that don't fit within their idea of what standards to build to.

Jun 9, 2022 12:35 PM in response to ku4hx

Got the new cable but could only check in on my wife's computer when she isn't around. Takes awhile. Of course it didn't work the first couple of times, and, then, for no new reason, it worked. Resolution is probably off, but that's the kid's problem when he comes home next and wants to use it. Thanks for the hint that all cables are not created equal. Steve

HP ZR2740w not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.