Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fixing iMac disk settings

I was trying to reset my IMac to factory settings and accidentally ended up erasing Macintosh HD I ended up reinstalling the OS on the SDD using the terminal I’m not sure of that is correct but now the internal HDD is unformatted is there a way to restore the Macintosh HD or at least back to factory disk settings?

iMac Pro

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 4:05 AM

Based upon the description above, it appears this computer contains a Fusion Drive that was Split.

Then, the re-installation was assigned to the SSD portion of the computer making the Rotational Drive not-functional.

How to fix a split Fusion Drive should re-join the Rotation drive to the SSD drive and thusly a full and working Fusion Drive

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2022 4:05 AM in response to Animalmother0331

Based upon the description above, it appears this computer contains a Fusion Drive that was Split.

Then, the re-installation was assigned to the SSD portion of the computer making the Rotational Drive not-functional.

How to fix a split Fusion Drive should re-join the Rotation drive to the SSD drive and thusly a full and working Fusion Drive

Fixing iMac disk settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.