Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can not update the latest 12.4 Monterey vesrion to my Macbook Air. I have enough storage 189GB left. Please kindly help me. Thanks

Can you please kindly give me the instructions to update the latest 12.4 Monterey version to my Macbook Air. I have enough storage (189 Megabytes left) and it is giving me a failure notice

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 9:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 9:42 PM

montecolote Said:

"I can not update the latest 12.4 Monterey vesrion to my Macbook Air. I have enough storage 189GB left. Please kindly help me. Thanks"

-------

Troubleshooting macOS Updates:

Three Thoughts to Try...

A. Try a New Admin User:

If you cannot update, then try creating a new administrator(admin) user. Once updated, remove the new admin.

B. Restart your Router:

Power off your router for 30 seconds, and then power it back on. Try this once more.

C. Try Safe Mode:

See if you can update in Safe Mode. Go here: Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2022 9:42 PM in response to montecolote

montecolote Said:

"I can not update the latest 12.4 Monterey vesrion to my Macbook Air. I have enough storage 189GB left. Please kindly help me. Thanks"

-------

Troubleshooting macOS Updates:

Three Thoughts to Try...

A. Try a New Admin User:

If you cannot update, then try creating a new administrator(admin) user. Once updated, remove the new admin.

B. Restart your Router:

Power off your router for 30 seconds, and then power it back on. Try this once more.

C. Try Safe Mode:

See if you can update in Safe Mode. Go here: Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

I can not update the latest 12.4 Monterey vesrion to my Macbook Air. I have enough storage 189GB left. Please kindly help me. Thanks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.