Hi. I can't update my MacBook Air software to 12.6.6.

I can't update my MacBook Air software to 12.6.6. It fails every time when showing '5 mins remaining'. I have over 23.5gb free space.

What can I do to move it from the present 12.6.3 ?

Thanks

MacBook Air 13″

Posted on May 22, 2023 8:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2023 8:19 PM

pc from Japan Said:

"Hi. I can't update my MacBook Air software to 12.6.6. I can't update my MacBook Air software to 12.6.6. It fails every time when showing '5 mins remaining'. I have over 23.5gb free space. What can I do to move it from the present 12.6.3 ? Thanks"

-------

Troubleshooting macOS Update:

A. Update in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, attempt another update install. For instructions, go here: How to Use safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

B. Try a New Admin User:

What happens when you create a new administrator user, and log into it? Do you still get this error? If not, then it is likely an error with the current user. If so, then it is likely an error with your Mac.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2023 8:19 PM in response to pc from japan

pc from Japan Said:

"Hi. I can't update my MacBook Air software to 12.6.6. I can't update my MacBook Air software to 12.6.6. It fails every time when showing '5 mins remaining'. I have over 23.5gb free space. What can I do to move it from the present 12.6.3 ? Thanks"

-------

Troubleshooting macOS Update:

A. Update in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, attempt another update install. For instructions, go here: How to Use safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

B. Try a New Admin User:

What happens when you create a new administrator user, and log into it? Do you still get this error? If not, then it is likely an error with the current user. If so, then it is likely an error with your Mac.

Hi. I can't update my MacBook Air software to 12.6.6.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.