Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad virus or new bug

Hi so when I woke up this morning I turned on my ipad and I saw lines at the bottom of my screen and a red thing at the bottom right of my screen.

When I turn it on I only see it and when I turn it off I don’t see it anymore. And now there is lines all over my screen like a filter

Heres a picture of what it looks like:

here’s proof it’s not a filter or edited

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA93WNyjLpM

It’s been like this since Jun 4th Saturday and idk how to get rid of it. I have tried to to turn it off but It doesn’t go away and the lines move like a hacker hacked it. The only thing I haven’t done 2 months is do a software update but I didn’t download anything or click on a virus website. Can someone give me some advice on how to get rid of these weird lines on my screen.

iPad Air 5 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 1:05 PM

Begin with a forced-restart of your iPad - as this will often resolve an isolated issue:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

If the problem remains unresolved, you’ll need to determine if you have a hardware or software issue. A reliable method to confirm a screen or other hardware fault is to take a screenshot when the fault is evident - and then review the captured screenshot image...

When reviewed, if the lines are not present in the screenshot image, then you have demonstrated that you have a hardware fault that, sooner or later, may become sufficiently severe that repair or replacement of the iPad are the only options. If the lines are visible in the screenshot, the something other than hardware will be the cause.

Note: When reviewing the image, rotating the iPad screen orientation by 90°, from Portrait to Landscape, will ensure that the image does not coincide with screen defects if present. Given that you’re not seeing just few lines on your screen, yo may need to view and assess the screenshot image using a different device/monitor.

Take a screenshot on your iPad – Apple Support

If a screen hardware fault is suspected, you might be best advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2022 1:05 PM in response to Skygirl1246

Begin with a forced-restart of your iPad - as this will often resolve an isolated issue:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

If the problem remains unresolved, you’ll need to determine if you have a hardware or software issue. A reliable method to confirm a screen or other hardware fault is to take a screenshot when the fault is evident - and then review the captured screenshot image...

When reviewed, if the lines are not present in the screenshot image, then you have demonstrated that you have a hardware fault that, sooner or later, may become sufficiently severe that repair or replacement of the iPad are the only options. If the lines are visible in the screenshot, the something other than hardware will be the cause.

Note: When reviewing the image, rotating the iPad screen orientation by 90°, from Portrait to Landscape, will ensure that the image does not coincide with screen defects if present. Given that you’re not seeing just few lines on your screen, yo may need to view and assess the screenshot image using a different device/monitor.

Take a screenshot on your iPad – Apple Support

If a screen hardware fault is suspected, you might be best advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

iPad virus or new bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.