You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why has banners disappeared from my Mail notification

Has anyone lost the banners alert from the Mail alerts in notifications? The only options I have are Lock Screen and Notification Centre. Previously when I received an email a number would appear next to the Mail icon on my screen but now the banners alert has disappeared I can only see that I have received an email when my phone is locked. I still have banners alert in all my other apps so don’t understand why it has gone from my Mail app. Any help would be appreciated.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 1:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 1:32 PM

Hi Sanpan,

You could try deleting the mail app and reinstalling. This might help reset the notification issues you're experiencing with the banner.

Delete built-in Apple apps from the Home Screen on your iOS 14 or later or iPadOS device or Apple Watch - Apple Support

5 replies

Why has banners disappeared from my Mail notification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.