Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the no signal error message on tv while streaming with apple tv from the TV or the router box or from Apple TV?

For the last month, I've been getting "no signal etc." error message in blue box on my TV screen and can't restart TV until I pull out and plug back in the power cord to the Apple TV box. The white light on Apple TV blinks and then TV restarts and I navigate back to movie I was watching. Is this because my internet is too slow or because of internet latency issues? I began using an ethernet cable connecting Apple TV box to modem/router, and it is still happening. I updated and restarted the Apple TV box which is an older model with silver remote. Do I need a new Apple TV or other streaming device to replace my current Apple TV?

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 12:13 PM

"no signal etc." error message in blue box

That sounds like a message from your TV about the HDMI connection.

Try unplugging the HDMi cable on both ends, then reconnect. That should reset the HDMI connection.

If you find that one of the plugs wasn’t firmly seated in the port, then that loose connection would be a likely reason.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2022 12:13 PM in response to headwhig

"no signal etc." error message in blue box

That sounds like a message from your TV about the HDMI connection.

Try unplugging the HDMi cable on both ends, then reconnect. That should reset the HDMI connection.

If you find that one of the plugs wasn’t firmly seated in the port, then that loose connection would be a likely reason.

Jun 5, 2022 3:39 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Thanks for your response. It started happening with WIFI connection so got new ethernet cable and also happens with cable which is connected properly. No signal message comes about ten minutes before and/or after the hour and half hour. Sometimes it comes on the hour or half hour but mostly 10 minutes before and after the hour and half hour. Could Cox my ISP be throttling internet service causing this issue? They said to check APPLE TV box when I called Cox internet support.

Jun 5, 2022 3:59 PM in response to headwhig

If it is not a message from your TV about the HDMI connection (as suggested previously), then it could be a message from the currently active app. Which app is active when this happens? Are other apps able to stream when it happens?

If you suspect that the internet connection stops sending through data (throttling), then it would happen for any device and any app. Can you test on a computer or mobile device when this happens, testing the same content?

The clock time doesn’t point to anything that I could identify as cause. It seems coincidence.

Jun 9, 2022 2:13 PM in response to headwhig

Yes, you are all right because it was a combination of these things. I changed the wall plug extension cord socket after unplugging apple TV box at the wall overnight. After I plugged the apple tv power line into the different extension cord socket, I unsynced the old remote and synced up the new one and now all works fine. I will eventually replace the old extension cord causing the problem, but for now the temporary fix works great. A combination of this community comments and some other stuff online did the trick so thanks all!

Is the no signal error message on tv while streaming with apple tv from the TV or the router box or from Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.