Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove old contact phone numbers from iMessage on MacBook Pro 2021?

I have a friend who's moved around, and I have his current contact info in mac Contacts, all good. When I create text messages on my iPhone, all is good. When I create a text message on iMessage, on my MacBook ONLY, a separate Contact option is displayed, which contains his name, and old contact phone numbers. If I'm not paying attention, I end up texting his old numbers. I've tried merging the contacts, then deleting the old numbers. I've tried creating a separate contact from the errant old contact, then deleting it. NO go. The old contact shows up again. Appears the old numbers are stored somewhere, along with his name. Annoying I can't delete it. Thoughts?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 8:37 AM

owensdh wrote:

I have a friend who's moved around, and I have his current contact info in mac Contacts, all good. When I create text messages on my iPhone, all is good. When I create a text message on iMessage, on my MacBook ONLY, a separate Contact option is displayed, which contains his name, and old contact phone numbers. If I'm not paying attention, I end up texting his old numbers. I've tried merging the contacts, then deleting the old numbers. I've tried creating a separate contact from the errant old contact, then deleting it. NO go. The old contact shows up again. Appears the old numbers are stored somewhere, along with his name. Annoying I can't delete it. Thoughts?

see if there is anything here:

Create and manage contacts in Messages on Mac - Apple ...

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2022 8:37 AM in response to owensdh

owensdh wrote:

see if there is anything here:

Create and manage contacts in Messages on Mac - Apple ...

How to remove old contact phone numbers from iMessage on MacBook Pro 2021?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.