Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I watch causing tingling and numbness in arm and hand

I just googled I watch and numbness and it brought me here. Ever since I’ve started wearing an I watch “about 2 months now” I’ve noticed from about the upper part of my elbow down to my finger tips has a tingling and basically numb feeling. At first I thought it was a pinched nerve but seems like it’s only when I wear my watch that this occurs. Very uncomfortable. Wondering how common this issue is.

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 11:27 AM

Quote from "Wearing your apple watch" support document;

A great deal of care and research goes into choosing materials for all of our devices. In addition to ensuring that all materials adhere to existing regulations, we developed our own specification for Apple Watch that goes beyond those requirements.In fact, every material that touches your skin has gone through extensive evaluation in accordance with our specification. This includes:

Thousands of material composition test

More than a thousand prototypes worn for trial studies

Thousands of toxicological assessments

Consultations with board-certified dermatologists

A small number of people will experience reactions to certain materials. This can be due to allergies, environmental factors, extended exposure to irritants like soap or sweat, and other causes.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2022 11:27 AM in response to Shirbybuilt

Quote from "Wearing your apple watch" support document;

A great deal of care and research goes into choosing materials for all of our devices. In addition to ensuring that all materials adhere to existing regulations, we developed our own specification for Apple Watch that goes beyond those requirements.In fact, every material that touches your skin has gone through extensive evaluation in accordance with our specification. This includes:

Thousands of material composition test

More than a thousand prototypes worn for trial studies

Thousands of toxicological assessments

Consultations with board-certified dermatologists

A small number of people will experience reactions to certain materials. This can be due to allergies, environmental factors, extended exposure to irritants like soap or sweat, and other causes.

I watch causing tingling and numbness in arm and hand

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.