Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2nd gen Apple Pencil connects iPad, but cannot be charged by iPad.

Hello everyone, I have 2018 12.9” iPad Pro and Apple Pencil 2nd gen. I did not use Apple Pencil for a while, now I am connecting my pencil to iPad, however, even if my apple pencil can connect with iPad and it looks like it is charging, but it’s battery percentage remains %0 although it stands attached for hours. Can anyone help me about this situation please?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 11:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 12:37 PM

If you have a valid AppleCare+ plan on your iPad, Apple Pencil would be replaced for $29. If you don't have a valid AppleCare + plan on your iPad, you will have to buy a new Apple Pencil and no, they do not replace the battery in Apple Pencil.

3 replies

Jun 5, 2022 11:54 AM in response to onganuyanik

The teeny tiny battery in Apple Pencil cannot be discharged for a length of time. If it is discharged for a long time, the battery dies and cannot be brought back to life. This sounds like your situation. You can take the Apple Pencil to Apple, but you'll most likely need to buy a new Apple Pencil 2. If you do, don't ever let the pencil remain uncharged.

2nd gen Apple Pencil connects iPad, but cannot be charged by iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.