You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t update the Apple Watch series 3

Today I will purchase Apple Watch series 3 and nike + model I set up everything but updates can not upload

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 12:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 12:43 PM

The apple watch 3 GPS only has only 8GB of internal storage, most of that is taken

up by the operating system and other critical software with not much space left for the

update.So installing or even pairing to an ios15 phone is proving nearly

impossible for just about all the watch 3 users on this forum.

same applies to Apple watch 1 and 2 they are almost impossible to either pair or

update with an ios 14 or ios15 phone.

Your best course of action is to call in at an apple store and ask them to pair/update it for you.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 5, 2022 12:43 PM in response to nifras145

The apple watch 3 GPS only has only 8GB of internal storage, most of that is taken

up by the operating system and other critical software with not much space left for the

update.So installing or even pairing to an ios15 phone is proving nearly

impossible for just about all the watch 3 users on this forum.

same applies to Apple watch 1 and 2 they are almost impossible to either pair or

update with an ios 14 or ios15 phone.

Your best course of action is to call in at an apple store and ask them to pair/update it for you.

Jun 9, 2022 6:56 AM in response to Community User

Just recently my series 3 watch stopped working and just stays in loading mode and I only get the Low Power mode time and the following faces. I have rebooted The series 3 watch and have tried everything. I have an Apple 11 phone and removed the watch from my phone, and deleted and reinstalled the app.

This all seemed to all happen last week when I got a new fiber modem but it is probably just a coincidence. I know there was that update for the watch too but I didn't get a chance to update it. Also, I smacked my arm against the wall twice so maybe something has shifted out of place but I have no idea.

If you look at the Apple Watch app and try to pair it again the app says Apple Watch 4 and above. I don't even have the face or info icon to pair it again.

I am pretty careful with it, I always put on the waterproofing mode before a shower or when I go swimming or wash the dishes. but I knocked my arm into the wall by mistake twice so maybe something is out of place. I just wonder if it's ideal to buy a new watch or try to fix this one. Perhaps it's just the charging cord who knows.

I need to see if it's still under warranty. I'm not gonna spend $199 on repairs if I can trade this one in and just buy a newer version.

i'm looking for some great advice I have an appointment at the Apple store on Saturday if I do upgrade is there a particular watch that I should buy that's not the newest?

I can’t update the Apple Watch series 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.