Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

change discontinued email apple ID on iPad to new apple ID used for iPhone

i have a new apple ID/PW for my iPhone; my old apple ID email is no longer active and i don't know the PW. need to change my old iPad apple ID to the new one. how do i do that without knowing the PW for that old account?

iPad Air 5 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 2:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 3:12 PM

There are two possible ways you got to your current state:

1. You changed the old Apple ID to a new one. In that case, your Apple ID should have been properly charged and the article above should assist further if required.
  2. You created a new Apple ID, having nothing to do with the old one. In this case (likely), you look like a completely different person and no longer can use anything associated with that old Apple ID.

If you have sufficient iPad proof of purchase documentation, see “Start a support request” here.

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2022 3:12 PM in response to AlpineSkiBum

There are two possible ways you got to your current state:

1. You changed the old Apple ID to a new one. In that case, your Apple ID should have been properly charged and the article above should assist further if required.
  2. You created a new Apple ID, having nothing to do with the old one. In this case (likely), you look like a completely different person and no longer can use anything associated with that old Apple ID.

If you have sufficient iPad proof of purchase documentation, see “Start a support request” here.

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

change discontinued email apple ID on iPad to new apple ID used for iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.