Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is Photo Promises?

I just dragged and dropped into Photos a set of photos from my Android to Photos on my Macbook Air and instead of importing them to Photos, they went to "PhotoPromises". I can't seem to find where that is or any information about what that is? I'm running Mac OS Monterey. When I do a search for "photo promises" on my mac - nothing comes up. Where did my pictures all go?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 3:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 11:40 PM

"File promises" are a feature of MacOS to support drag and drop. It is documented in the Developer documentation (Apple Developer Documentation)

The users should not be seeing the promises, only as an error message, if the recipient cannot handle them properly. Then the dragged file might remain in the paste board.

Are your photos still on the phone? Then try to transfer them again, one by one.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2022 11:40 PM in response to WestsideSL

"File promises" are a feature of MacOS to support drag and drop. It is documented in the Developer documentation (Apple Developer Documentation)

The users should not be seeing the promises, only as an error message, if the recipient cannot handle them properly. Then the dragged file might remain in the paste board.

Are your photos still on the phone? Then try to transfer them again, one by one.

What is Photo Promises?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.