Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro camera does not work.

How do I resolve a black/blank screen when using MacBook Pro camera? It seems that my camera is not working. The green light turns on for a while then turns off. Screen is not showing anything. I've already tried restarting my laptop but same problem.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 5:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 5:46 PM

WreNCo Said:

"My MacBook Pro camera does not work.: How do I resolve a black/blank screen when using MacBook Pro camera? It seems that my camera is not working. The green light turns on for a while then turns off. Screen is not showing anything. I've already tried restarting my laptop but same problem."

-------

Troubleshooting a Black Mac iSight Camera:

I. Is there a Camera Even Seen? Screenshot of a Mac Without a Camera

A. To Find Out:

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Select: About this Mac
  3. Click: System Report... button
  4. View: Hardware on left-column
  5. Click: Camera
  6. Confirm if a Camera is Even Seen

B. If no camera is seen....

Get the Drivers:

If no camera is seen, then the drivers went missing, somehow. So, you need to get to drivers. And to do that...

Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be deleted. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled back to where they should be. Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple SupportImportant: Be certain to create a backup of your Mac prior to all of this. That way, you can have something to restore from the Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall.

II. Refer to these Links:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2022 5:46 PM in response to WreNCo

WreNCo Said:

"My MacBook Pro camera does not work.: How do I resolve a black/blank screen when using MacBook Pro camera? It seems that my camera is not working. The green light turns on for a while then turns off. Screen is not showing anything. I've already tried restarting my laptop but same problem."

-------

Troubleshooting a Black Mac iSight Camera:

I. Is there a Camera Even Seen? Screenshot of a Mac Without a Camera

A. To Find Out:

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Select: About this Mac
  3. Click: System Report... button
  4. View: Hardware on left-column
  5. Click: Camera
  6. Confirm if a Camera is Even Seen

B. If no camera is seen....

Get the Drivers:

If no camera is seen, then the drivers went missing, somehow. So, you need to get to drivers. And to do that...

Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be deleted. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled back to where they should be. Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple SupportImportant: Be certain to create a backup of your Mac prior to all of this. That way, you can have something to restore from the Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall.

II. Refer to these Links:

My MacBook Pro camera does not work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.