Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn off the charging ding sound on my iPhone XR

Using a wireless charger my iPhone dings frequently during the night. The iPhone charges fine and is at 100% in the morning.

So this is not a charging problem. it is a noise problem.

I would like to be able to turn off that ding sound. An online search comes up with cumbersome work-arounds which put you at risk of leaving the sound off on your phone if you forget to reset it.

Some point to a supposed slider in the Sounds section of Settings that would allow you to silence this—but no such slider exists with the latest iOS.

Not being able to easily turn this on and off seems a bug to me.

Any suggestion is on how to do it?

iPhone XR

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 10:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 11:42 PM

I guess I could do this and I appreciate your detailed walk thru, but really, this is awfully complicated just to turn off an unwanted sound. Seems that Apple should make this as easy as turning off a Slider…..

2 replies

Jun 5, 2022 11:26 PM in response to jamesfromnewhaven

You can use Shortcuts app to turn off charging sound or change that.

for this you should record a voice with Voice Memos app and copy that, after open Shortcuts app> Automation> Create personal automation- Scroll down and select charger- is connected> next> Add action- search “Base” and select your voice record and select it- touche “input” and change to clipboard, play your voice because we need code, and copy code. After that you search “text” and paste your code, touch “+” search your voice again, touch “Encode” and change to “decode”. Search “Play Sounds” and touch next. Ask before running> off and touch “Done”. Finish

How to turn off the charging ding sound on my iPhone XR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.