Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export Fitness Data to a Spreadsheet

I've started using an Apple Watch to track my swimming workouts. I like seeing the results on my iPhone but want to track and analyze it over time. How can I transfer/export the data that's captured for each workout into a spreadsheet that I can manage?

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 3:58 PM

Thank you for your help. I exported the health data to my Mac and then unzipped the files. I tried to open the export.xml file using Excel and received this error message: "File cannot be opened because: Line 2, Position 11. <!DOCTYPE HealthData [". I can open the file in Notes but it appears to be lines of code. Is there an App that can open the file, display the data, and then export the data as cvs or some other format that can be read into a spreadsheet?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2022 3:58 PM in response to SravanKrA

Thank you for your help. I exported the health data to my Mac and then unzipped the files. I tried to open the export.xml file using Excel and received this error message: "File cannot be opened because: Line 2, Position 11. <!DOCTYPE HealthData [". I can open the file in Notes but it appears to be lines of code. Is there an App that can open the file, display the data, and then export the data as cvs or some other format that can be read into a spreadsheet?

Export Fitness Data to a Spreadsheet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.