Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 13 won't ring

My iPhone 13 just arbitrarily stopped ringing, although not consistently (which makes explaining it harder ... if it did it all the time, it'd make more sense). I've missed numerous incoming calls because the phone just doesn't ring. It'll display an incoming call on the lock screen, but unless I happen to see the banner, I miss the call. The mute's off, do not disturb/focus are off, all notifications are set to on (which pains me because I don't want that ... just following suggestions) ... I even set it to announce calls and turned off silence unknown callers. Nothing's working. Ideas other than those I already tried?

iPhone 13

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 9:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 6:32 AM

I did follow that path :) What you see in my photo is the screen that appears *after* I click Phone, then Notifications on the Settings screen (Phone > Notifications). No option for immediate delivery. I get the same screen if I go to Notifications > Phone.

13 replies

Jul 20, 2022 7:38 AM in response to Dancer1003

Yeah - I just double checked, mine is the same. I Googled an entire day and found like, 6 different things to check (that were all set incorrectly until I changed them). This was the last suggestion I found (imagine - on the actual Apple Help site). Like the Do Not Disturb setting, I found a few more settings that should be turned off, but if you just Google “iPhone 13 doesn’t ring”, a ton of legit sites come up with different solutions than this one that worked for some people. Maybe try that?

iphone 13 won't ring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.