Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bug - FaceTime not receiving calls on MacBook Pro (macOS Monterey 12.4)

I am trying to help my Aunt with getting her FaceTime to receive calls on her MacBook Pro. She receives calls just fine on her iPhone, but they never come through to her MacBook. Here is her OS:

And we've already went through every troubleshooting possibilities I can come up with: turning FaceTime off/on iPhone & MacBook, signing out/in to iCloud & FaceTime, rebooting computer, checking that my number wasn't on the blocked list, etc. Nothing worked.

The strange thing is that a Badge app icon appeared immediately as a missed call when I called, but there wasn't an alert to answer. Thanks!

Kevin

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 2:16 PM

Hey there k_grove,

We see you have macOS 12.4(the latest official release), but on her iPhone, the latest would be iOS 15.5 if she has a compatible model. You can verify this within Settings > General > About. Here's a link that'll show how to first back up, then Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

When did this start to occur on her Mac, and have both devices been restarted since this started happening?

Does the same issue occur if she tests having another contact call her, or does it only occur when you specifically call her?

Cheers!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2022 2:16 PM in response to k_grove

Hey there k_grove,

We see you have macOS 12.4(the latest official release), but on her iPhone, the latest would be iOS 15.5 if she has a compatible model. You can verify this within Settings > General > About. Here's a link that'll show how to first back up, then Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

When did this start to occur on her Mac, and have both devices been restarted since this started happening?

Does the same issue occur if she tests having another contact call her, or does it only occur when you specifically call her?

Cheers!

Jun 7, 2022 11:41 AM in response to k_grove

Hey k_grove,

We see your aunt isn't able to receive FaceTime calls on her Mac. You've gone through some great troubleshooting steps.

Incorrect date, time, and/or time zone can affect FaceTime, so we recommend making sure they are correct. If they are incorrect, this article should help with changing them: If the date or time is wrong on your Mac.

If issue continues, let us know if this is happening with multiple contacts. Also, is she able to make FaceTime calls?

Take care.

Bug - FaceTime not receiving calls on MacBook Pro (macOS Monterey 12.4)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.