Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is Mac Mail trying to connect to Apple Configuration servers? (Privacy issue)

2013 imac, Mojave

Does anyone know why mac mail is trying to connect to configuration.apple.com when i send an email?

The email is being sent using a third party email provider (I do not use Apple/iCloud) any more, and Apple should have part in the process. So why is this connection being made? (Thankfully littlesnitch blocked it for me)

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 6:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 3:59 PM

Was Configurator ever used?

Apple Configurator - Official Apple Support

See if you have unknown Profiles.

To remove a configuration profile in macOS:

1. From the Apple menu, select System Preferences....
  2. From the View menu in System Preferences, select Profiles.Note:
  3. Profiles won't be visible until you have at least one profile installed.
  4. Select the profile you want to remove, and then press the - (minus) button. Click Remove to remove the profile.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2022 3:59 PM in response to joeyjohnson

Was Configurator ever used?

Apple Configurator - Official Apple Support

See if you have unknown Profiles.

To remove a configuration profile in macOS:

1. From the Apple menu, select System Preferences....
  2. From the View menu in System Preferences, select Profiles.Note:
  3. Profiles won't be visible until you have at least one profile installed.
  4. Select the profile you want to remove, and then press the - (minus) button. Click Remove to remove the profile.

Jun 9, 2022 3:08 AM in response to BDAqua

Ha, that's funny!

No.... I should have explained better...

I USE MAC MAIL 24/7!! It is my email program. But I don't use any Apple iCloud/Mail services. So I have a 3rd party email provider which Mail connects to for emails, along with a few other connections such as when download images from certain servers like ebay.img.com or whatever. I use Little Snitch to spy on the traffic that spies on me :)

Since I have no connection (bad choice of word) to Apple's mail services, I am just trying to find out why Mac Mail was trying to make the connection to those Apple servers.

Thanks

Why is Mac Mail trying to connect to Apple Configuration servers? (Privacy issue)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.