Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IMAP Synchronization with server fails

Since upgrading to 15.4 and also in 15.5, I am experiencing a lack of synchronization of deleted and read messages. When I delete the message on my iPhone, it no longer deletes it on the mail server. So I end up having to delete the same message again on the server. This used to work prior to the upgrade. The same issue exists with marking the message read. It no longer synchronizes with the server.

iPhone 8

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 4:04 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jun 7, 2022 5:19 PM in response to SravanKrA

I don't think this is an internet issue. And thank you for you tip on writing an effective support question...

All messages download correctly in a timely fashion so I know the internet is working properly. Also, all other accounts on this iPhone seem to be working well, just this partuclar email address which is an "Other" email service when setting up IMAP.

This leads me to thinking it may be an IMAP setting on the iPhone that for some reason may behave differently after the upgrade. All I can think of is the Deleted Mailbox setting in Advanced settings for IMAP. I have associated "Trash" on my iPhone with "Deleted" on the server. This is the way it has always been and worked correctly until the latest upgrade. Maybe the upgrade is a red herring, but that's when I first noticed this.

Thanks for your help.

Jun 26, 2022 2:08 AM in response to ralph108

Had the exact same issue... Here;s how I solved it. Deleted the accounts on my IOS devices. Did a full shutdown on those devices and re-installed the accounts. This seemed to do the trick. Still have a feeling as well that it is related to the upgrade. But at least it's fixed for me, hope this will work for you too.

good luck, kYra

IMAP Synchronization with server fails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.