Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music on MacOS 12.4

I want to download songs on my MacBook so that I can listen to the songs offline. The problem I am now facing is that my MacBook is logged in to my main Apple ID(eg. A email). My apple music ac is using my second email which is for Japan region stuff(eg. B email). When I try to download the music on my MacBook, there is a message that "This device is linked to another Apple ID". There are only two buttons for me to choose, "Cancel" and "Transfer". I clicked the "Transfer" button, then I received a message "There was a temporary problem completing your request. An unknown error occurred (1001)". I tried to search it on Google but there is no similar case. Is there anyone who can help??

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 1:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 5:12 AM

See Authorization vs. association - Apple Community for general background on association. If your two IDs are in different regions that might potentially complicate matters. Make sure that you've downloaded everything you want from the first ID before switching. Contact Apple Support if you're still unable to complete the transfer process.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2022 5:12 AM in response to Harlaown

See Authorization vs. association - Apple Community for general background on association. If your two IDs are in different regions that might potentially complicate matters. Make sure that you've downloaded everything you want from the first ID before switching. Contact Apple Support if you're still unable to complete the transfer process.

tt2

Apple Music on MacOS 12.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.