Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Related Article: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to delete photos from my iphone, I can see them, i can select them but the recycle bin is greyed out.

I need to delete photos from my iphone, I can see them, i can select them but the recycle bin is greyed out.

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 3:49 AM

1 reply

Jun 9, 2022 8:05 AM in response to chopper251060

Hi chopper251060,

Sometimes, giving your device a fresh start can resolve unexpected issues. So if you haven't done so yet, restart your iPhone. Since having the latest software version can help with overall performance, it's also a good idea to make sure your iPhone is up to date: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

If the issue persists, reply with the answers to these questions:

• Is the recycle bin greyed out when you try to delete any photos?
  • If you only notice this with specific photos, were they transferred or downloaded to your iPhone?

Best regards.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.