Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

repeated keychain password prompt

I am getting many prompts to enter my Keychain password. (se picture). This just started last week. I am running Monterey 12.4. I went into Keychain and unlocked System in the navigation panel.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 7:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 1:04 PM

Under normal circumstances and usage, keychain should not be prompting for passwords unless the keychain does not have the specific password stored in it.

That said, if the user ( you ) experienced a Forgot Computer Password and had to reset the computer password, now this would create a New Keychain associated with the new Computer Password. What is Keychain Access on Mac? for reading purposes only.

Additionally, If you need to update your keychain password on Mac

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2022 1:04 PM in response to MD_Gene

Under normal circumstances and usage, keychain should not be prompting for passwords unless the keychain does not have the specific password stored in it.

That said, if the user ( you ) experienced a Forgot Computer Password and had to reset the computer password, now this would create a New Keychain associated with the new Computer Password. What is Keychain Access on Mac? for reading purposes only.

Additionally, If you need to update your keychain password on Mac

repeated keychain password prompt

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.