Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i re register my i pad to my own name

My wife and I share 2 ipads and a iphone how do i remove my ipad from her

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 9:20 AM

The mechanics of exactly “how” you are sharing your devices will significantly inform what needs to be done - and for that more explanation will be needed.

Are you sharing an AppleID? Unlike other computers with which you may be familiar, that support multiple user profiles - other than “managed” educational environments, OS/iPadOS devices are not intended to be shared.

If all your devices are sharing a common AppleID for iCloud, you’ll encounter all kinds of issues with unintentional and/or unwanted sharing of sensitive/private information (such as web browsing, Messages, Keychain, Contacts, Calendar etc.).

The Golden Rule: Don’t share an AppleID between users. Each user should have their own AppleID for their own exclusive use - linked to their own primary email (and secondary/recovery email addresses and trusted telephone numbers).  Your personal AppleID should be exclusively used with your own Apple devices.

If sharing an AppleID account, you would be best advised to separate your digital identities - and configure a new AppleID for if needed.

Be aware that if you sign-out of iCloud and other Apple services - and allow another user to sign-in - you’ll not be able to change back for 90-days.

So as to prevent account abuse, some critical Apple services will only allow one change of signed-in AppleID (on a device) in a 90-day period.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2022 9:20 AM in response to Community User

The mechanics of exactly “how” you are sharing your devices will significantly inform what needs to be done - and for that more explanation will be needed.

Are you sharing an AppleID? Unlike other computers with which you may be familiar, that support multiple user profiles - other than “managed” educational environments, OS/iPadOS devices are not intended to be shared.

If all your devices are sharing a common AppleID for iCloud, you’ll encounter all kinds of issues with unintentional and/or unwanted sharing of sensitive/private information (such as web browsing, Messages, Keychain, Contacts, Calendar etc.).

The Golden Rule: Don’t share an AppleID between users. Each user should have their own AppleID for their own exclusive use - linked to their own primary email (and secondary/recovery email addresses and trusted telephone numbers).  Your personal AppleID should be exclusively used with your own Apple devices.

If sharing an AppleID account, you would be best advised to separate your digital identities - and configure a new AppleID for if needed.

Be aware that if you sign-out of iCloud and other Apple services - and allow another user to sign-in - you’ll not be able to change back for 90-days.

So as to prevent account abuse, some critical Apple services will only allow one change of signed-in AppleID (on a device) in a 90-day period.

how do i re register my i pad to my own name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.