Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since installing iPadOS 15.5, I can no longer print to my HP Deskjet 2540. iPhone and other wireless devices can print to it. I did not have the problem prior to installing new release. They are both on same network/wifi.

Since installing iPadOS 15.5, I can no longer print to my HP Deskjet 2540. iPhone and other wireless devices can print to it- so it’s not a printer issue. I did not have the problem prior to installing new release. They are both on same network/wifi. It finds the printer and lists it, but it will not print. It eventually tells me “the printer is offline” yet I can still print from my iPhone.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 2:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 3:28 PM

If set-up correctly, should you continue to experience difficulties, your WiFi Router may be unexpectedly failing to pass Apple Bonjour traffic on you local network - or your WiFi Router or Network Switch may be blocking this device discovery protocol.

The Apple Bonjour protocol uses mDNS (Multicast DNS) UDP port 5353.

You may find that restart of your network components will resolve the problem. You’ll need to restart your network devices in the correct order. Assuming that you WiFi Router provides DNS services for your network, restart devices in this order - allowing time for devices to fully boot/restart prior to restarting other devices:

• WiFi Router
  • Upstream wired Network Switch(es)
  • WiFi Access Points / Network Extenders
  • Other fixed infrastructure devices - such as Printers
  • Client devices

Restarting your iPad, after restarting other devices in the correct sequence, is most simply achieved by a forced-restart of the iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

If you continue to have difficulties, check to see if your iPad mini6 WiFi is using the new WiFi Private Address feature. This feature is intended to provide additional privacy and security when using “public” (untrusted) WiFi networks.

Settings > WiFi > [Your WiFi Network / SSID] - tap the “i” icon - Private Address

The Private Address feature is largely unnecessary for your home WiFi network; if enabled, Private Addressing can interfere with anticipated operation of other devices, such as AirPrint. In such circumstances, you may need to disable this feature - and can be enabled or disabled for each individual network.

Use private Wi-Fi addresses in iOS 14, iPadOS 14, and watchOS 7 - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2022 3:28 PM in response to sharonfromPA

If set-up correctly, should you continue to experience difficulties, your WiFi Router may be unexpectedly failing to pass Apple Bonjour traffic on you local network - or your WiFi Router or Network Switch may be blocking this device discovery protocol.

The Apple Bonjour protocol uses mDNS (Multicast DNS) UDP port 5353.

You may find that restart of your network components will resolve the problem. You’ll need to restart your network devices in the correct order. Assuming that you WiFi Router provides DNS services for your network, restart devices in this order - allowing time for devices to fully boot/restart prior to restarting other devices:

• WiFi Router
  • Upstream wired Network Switch(es)
  • WiFi Access Points / Network Extenders
  • Other fixed infrastructure devices - such as Printers
  • Client devices

Restarting your iPad, after restarting other devices in the correct sequence, is most simply achieved by a forced-restart of the iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

If you continue to have difficulties, check to see if your iPad mini6 WiFi is using the new WiFi Private Address feature. This feature is intended to provide additional privacy and security when using “public” (untrusted) WiFi networks.

Settings > WiFi > [Your WiFi Network / SSID] - tap the “i” icon - Private Address

The Private Address feature is largely unnecessary for your home WiFi network; if enabled, Private Addressing can interfere with anticipated operation of other devices, such as AirPrint. In such circumstances, you may need to disable this feature - and can be enabled or disabled for each individual network.

Use private Wi-Fi addresses in iOS 14, iPadOS 14, and watchOS 7 - Apple Support

Since installing iPadOS 15.5, I can no longer print to my HP Deskjet 2540. iPhone and other wireless devices can print to it. I did not have the problem prior to installing new release. They are both on same network/wifi.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.