Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pop-up window for the device access stuck on M1 MacBook Pro

I have encountered with this issue always on my new MacBook Pro 2021 16" with M1 chip:

When there's a pop-up like this:

Request device access (disk, camera, microphone)

Application quit unexpectedly

this popups just stuck. I can move them by screen, i can press on help button and help will be opened, but other buttons are not intractable. They have press animations but nothing happened by pressing on this button. Also i can't close this popups in other way except kill UserNotificationCentre in Activity Monitor.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 2:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 4:43 AM

Very possible the Migration from Old Intel to new Apple Silicon computer.

There might be a solution ;

1 - it would require a lot of work to cleanup the system.

2 - Start over from Scratch and refer to below image. This would remove all the Migrated Issues as well as Remove everything else. It would require some work on the Users ( your ) part to reinstall all Application etc.

I do realize this is an After the Fact situation

If the new computer is going to be the Apple Silicon M1 Equipped Computer - would suggest Only Migrating the User Account and nothing more.

Some have had success and others have been left with a mess when Migrating everything.

1 - Apple Silicon with either Big Sur macOS 11 or Monterey macOS 12 Only Support everything 64 bit and there is no workaround.

2 - Issues that may exist on the older computer will be migrated to the New Computer. This would badly pollute the new Original and Pristine installation of the new OS.

3 -  Applications, extensions and Software Drivers may or may not even work on the new computer.

4 - IMHO - it would be best to only install new application etc Directly from the Developer or the Apple Apps Store.

5 - Due Diligence on New Applications and make sure they are Monterey / Big Sur compatible and factor in the ARMs CPU of the Apple Silicon Computer  

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2022 4:43 AM in response to keen_lad_4891

Very possible the Migration from Old Intel to new Apple Silicon computer.

There might be a solution ;

1 - it would require a lot of work to cleanup the system.

2 - Start over from Scratch and refer to below image. This would remove all the Migrated Issues as well as Remove everything else. It would require some work on the Users ( your ) part to reinstall all Application etc.

I do realize this is an After the Fact situation

If the new computer is going to be the Apple Silicon M1 Equipped Computer - would suggest Only Migrating the User Account and nothing more.

Some have had success and others have been left with a mess when Migrating everything.

1 - Apple Silicon with either Big Sur macOS 11 or Monterey macOS 12 Only Support everything 64 bit and there is no workaround.

2 - Issues that may exist on the older computer will be migrated to the New Computer. This would badly pollute the new Original and Pristine installation of the new OS.

3 -  Applications, extensions and Software Drivers may or may not even work on the new computer.

4 - IMHO - it would be best to only install new application etc Directly from the Developer or the Apple Apps Store.

5 - Due Diligence on New Applications and make sure they are Monterey / Big Sur compatible and factor in the ARMs CPU of the Apple Silicon Computer  

Jun 11, 2022 4:15 AM in response to keen_lad_4891

1 - Restart in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

3 - Sometimes a Safe Boot followed by a Normal Boot will just put things right.

4 - If not - there could be something in the main User Account playing up. To further isolate this - Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac. Then log out of the Main User account and log into the dummy account and test again if the issue persists.

5 - If the issue is present in the dummy account - then, this appears to be a System Wide issue on the computer.

6 - If after performing each of the above steps is the order that have been presents  and still have issues

Understand, we are all working Remotely from all around the world.

Therefore, we do not have the On-Hands experience the User ( you ) has with this computer.

The below is the next best thing to us having actual On-Hand to this computer.

Download the Application Etrecheck directly from a well Respected ASC Contributor. And Safe to use.

The application is free or paid from added features. 

Run the application with Full Disc Access ( Security & Privacy - Full Disc Access ).

It will take a Snap Shot -  both the hardware and software.

The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. 

Post back the Full Report - copy and paste - using the Additional Text Icon ( 3rd Icon to last )

We can have a look at the report for possible issues and may have possible suggestions to resolve the issues.

Jun 11, 2022 3:59 AM in response to keen_lad_4891

Installing on Mac OS X

Please note that the official binaries for FileZilla require OS X 10.9 or greater.

There is a lot of time has passed since Maverick OS X 10.9 was released on June 10, 2013 and Monterey MacOS 12 released Oct 25, 2021

Not to mention - Starting in Catalina macOS 10.15 released in 2019 - All Support for anything 32 Bit ceased.

Everything Must be writing for 64 Bi and there is no workaround.

Jun 11, 2022 4:15 AM in response to PRP_53

problem not only for FileZilla. Screenshots just for example where the problem is. They show that problem happen when any application request some device access and when application quit unexpectedly. I use FileZilla just because it was easiest way to reproduce this issue.

Also screenshots might to get some info about freezing. They show that i may move that popups on my screen and i may create screenshot itself. So system working correctly. Only press on any button this popup have no effect and this popups can't be closed.

Pop-up window for the device access stuck on M1 MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.