Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air Account Lock

My MacBook Air says my account is locked and I can not get in. I am the only user. I went under Utilities and Terminal and successfully changed my password, but still cannot sign in and get the "ACCOUNT IS LOCKED, TRY AGAIN LATER" message. What should I do?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 1:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 8:11 PM

Lastly, I don't know why you chose to use Terminal or anything else to change a Login password. The correct way to do that is described here: Change the login password on Mac - Apple Support. If you changed it some other way, describe what you did to the best of your ability, and I'll try to find a way to undo the mess that may have ensued.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2022 8:11 PM in response to Wendeledge

Lastly, I don't know why you chose to use Terminal or anything else to change a Login password. The correct way to do that is described here: Change the login password on Mac - Apple Support. If you changed it some other way, describe what you did to the best of your ability, and I'll try to find a way to undo the mess that may have ensued.

MacBook Air Account Lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.