You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery health issue

Hello , my iPhone is 12 pro max

i realized that after the last 2 updates , it’s overheating when i use it or when it’s charging and especially when my alarm is ringing!

my battery health drained 2% per month !

(1% per 3 weeks and 1% in 10 days!)

I don’t know what’s happening

it’s 95% now

drained from 96 to 95 in just few days !

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 12:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 12:30 AM

Hey there,

“Battery life” is the amount of time a device runs before it needs to be recharged. “Battery lifespan” is the amount of time a battery lasts until it needs to be replaced. One factor affecting battery life and lifespan is the mix of things you do with your device. No matter how you use it, there are ways to help. A battery’s lifespan is related to its “chemical age,” which is more than just the passage of time. It includes different factors, such as the number of charge cycles and how it was cared for. Follow these tips to maximize battery performance and help extend battery lifespan. For example, keep iPhone half-charged when it’s stored for the long term. Also avoid charging or leaving iPhone in hot environments, including direct sun exposure, for extended periods of time.

See ☞ iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

about your iPhone got hot when you charge it , When you use the device or charge the battery, the device might get warm.

See ☞ If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch gets too hot or too cold - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 10, 2022 12:30 AM in response to noran82

Hey there,

“Battery life” is the amount of time a device runs before it needs to be recharged. “Battery lifespan” is the amount of time a battery lasts until it needs to be replaced. One factor affecting battery life and lifespan is the mix of things you do with your device. No matter how you use it, there are ways to help. A battery’s lifespan is related to its “chemical age,” which is more than just the passage of time. It includes different factors, such as the number of charge cycles and how it was cared for. Follow these tips to maximize battery performance and help extend battery lifespan. For example, keep iPhone half-charged when it’s stored for the long term. Also avoid charging or leaving iPhone in hot environments, including direct sun exposure, for extended periods of time.

See ☞ iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

about your iPhone got hot when you charge it , When you use the device or charge the battery, the device might get warm.

See ☞ If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch gets too hot or too cold - Apple Support

Jun 10, 2022 12:44 AM in response to noran82

i don’t use my iphone that much that it drains too fast like this!

I mean i’m following all these steps .. like I don’t wait my battery to be under 20% and i charge it until it’s 80%

but although i’m following these steps, it still heats up.

my iphone is 9 months old, but last few months the battery health dropped much faster.

Like in just a month of average use it dropped 2%, and these 2% especially when the alarm is ringing ..

Jun 10, 2022 12:47 AM in response to LD150

i don’t use my iphone that much that it drains too fast like this!

I mean i’m following all these steps .. like I don’t wait my battery to be under 20% and i charge it until it’s 80%

but although i’m following these steps, it still heats up.

my iphone is 9 months old, but last few months the battery health dropped much faster.

Like in just a month of average use it dropped 2%, and these 2% especially when the alarm is ringing ..

Battery health issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.