Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 8 will not play on tv via Apple HDMI adapter

I have recently purchased an iPad 8 and it will not play on tv via the Apple lightning digital AV adapter. I have checked the adapter by using it with my iPhone 13 and all is fine. I am running the latest iOS on both devices.

When I plug the adapter in, the iPad recognises it with a small blue icon at the top of the screen. Once I connect it to the tv the blue icon disappears. I have tried connecting both the tv and iPad first with no success . Any help advice would be appreciated.

Unfortunately the tv is not smart so I can’t use airplay .

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 6:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 7:33 AM

If you're using this adapter:--> Lightning Digital AV Adapter - Lightning to HDMI - Apple, compatible with iPad 8th gen, and if it works when connected with your iPhone, it should work for your iPad (try a different HDMI port on your TV and/or a different HDMI cable too).

If the issue persists, I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device (iPad+adapter+cable) inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2022 7:33 AM in response to Mrmo59

If you're using this adapter:--> Lightning Digital AV Adapter - Lightning to HDMI - Apple, compatible with iPad 8th gen, and if it works when connected with your iPhone, it should work for your iPad (try a different HDMI port on your TV and/or a different HDMI cable too).

If the issue persists, I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device (iPad+adapter+cable) inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

iPad 8 will not play on tv via Apple HDMI adapter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.