Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I currently have 4 devices authorized as shown in my account. I am now trying , repeatedly, to add my PC Dell XPS and I get a pop up stating that I already have 5 devices authorized. I have tried many times to authorize my PC, Any solutions ?

I currently have 4 authorized devices as shown in my account summary. I am trying to add my Dell XPS ("Contentus") laptop to iTunes. It states that I already have 5 devices. Any help would be appreciated. I have tried many times to add my XPS. Thanks.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 9:08 AM

See Authorization vs. association - Apple Community. My guess is that you're confusing authorizations with associations. Typically you will need to deauthorize all, then authorize the computers you current want to use with iTunes.

tt2

4 replies

I currently have 4 devices authorized as shown in my account. I am now trying , repeatedly, to add my PC Dell XPS and I get a pop up stating that I already have 5 devices authorized. I have tried many times to authorize my PC, Any solutions ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.