Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have shared my Apple Music subscription with a family member, but they cannot access the music. What do I need to do?

I have shared my Apple Music subscription with a family member, but they cannot access my music, playlists or songs. What do I/they need to do?

3820X,

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 9:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 12:22 PM

With a Family Apple Music subscription, everyone gets their own music library. You can share songs that you purchase from the iTunes Store (with or without an Apple Music subscription), but not music that you lease with an Apple Music subscription. You can however share playlists (which are just the names of the songs). For more info, see:

See what friends are listening to in Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device - Apple Support

How to share purchases with your family - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2022 12:22 PM in response to hlmthree

With a Family Apple Music subscription, everyone gets their own music library. You can share songs that you purchase from the iTunes Store (with or without an Apple Music subscription), but not music that you lease with an Apple Music subscription. You can however share playlists (which are just the names of the songs). For more info, see:

See what friends are listening to in Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device - Apple Support

How to share purchases with your family - Apple Support

I have shared my Apple Music subscription with a family member, but they cannot access the music. What do I need to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.