Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail attachments

I am using macOS Big Sur (although it is not specific to this version). I am taking a photography workshop. When I turn my assignments in to my instructor, I am attaching the .jpg files to my email. The instructor is using Outlook. He says that he is getting them EMBEDDED in my email and not as attachments. I have run into this problem before. Is there a way to send these photos ensuring that he gets them as attachments?

I know that he is using a Windows product, but I have run into this issue before and need to know if there is a work around. If I go to a windows forum, they will tell me it is an Apple problem.

Marsue

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 10:16 AM

Actually, I just googled it and found this answer in Apple Support:

"Send attachments to Windows users in Mail on Mac

Try these suggestions for sending email attachments to Windows users.

• To send Windows-friendly attachments for all messages, choose Edit > Attachments, then select Always Send Windows-Friendly Attachments. 
  • To send Windows-friendly attachments for a single message, click the Attachment button  in the toolbar of the new message window, then select Send Windows-Friendly Attachments (if the checkbox isn’t shown, click Options).
  • Send documents as PDFs instead of in their original format.
  • Use filename extensions (such as .docx for a Microsoft Word document)."

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2022 10:16 AM in response to muguy

Actually, I just googled it and found this answer in Apple Support:

"Send attachments to Windows users in Mail on Mac

Try these suggestions for sending email attachments to Windows users.

• To send Windows-friendly attachments for all messages, choose Edit > Attachments, then select Always Send Windows-Friendly Attachments. 
  • To send Windows-friendly attachments for a single message, click the Attachment button  in the toolbar of the new message window, then select Send Windows-Friendly Attachments (if the checkbox isn’t shown, click Options).
  • Send documents as PDFs instead of in their original format.
  • Use filename extensions (such as .docx for a Microsoft Word document)."

Mail attachments

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.