Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple TV 4K does not turen off Samsung TV

Same as this topic:

My samsung tv will not turn off with the … - Apple Community

One thing that I don’t understand though is that it works great in my living room were I have a Sonos Beam connected ”between” my TV and Apple TV. In my bedroom without any kind of reciver, the TV simply does not turn off when using the Apple TV remote or remote app.

LS03A,

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 10:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 11:19 PM

Then you must have also read that response in that other thread. It depends on the TV if it will react to CEC signals. Not all do. Even those that do, may not always listen to wake signals and/or standby signals. Additionally CEC has an on|off setting on most devices that support it.

Devices “in between” must pass through CEC signals, even if that device itself doesn’t listen to it (or CEC set off), as mandated for all HDMI devices with HDMI-in and HDMI-out.

If you can't control your TV or receiver with your Apple TV Remote - Apple Support

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2022 11:19 PM in response to joesoes

Then you must have also read that response in that other thread. It depends on the TV if it will react to CEC signals. Not all do. Even those that do, may not always listen to wake signals and/or standby signals. Additionally CEC has an on|off setting on most devices that support it.

Devices “in between” must pass through CEC signals, even if that device itself doesn’t listen to it (or CEC set off), as mandated for all HDMI devices with HDMI-in and HDMI-out.

If you can't control your TV or receiver with your Apple TV Remote - Apple Support

Jun 11, 2022 2:55 AM in response to joesoes

then my samsung TV in my bed room simply interpets the request differently than my samsung TV in my living room?

Yes, apparently. Possibly the difference is in Settings on Apple TV, on the TV, or both.

I have a samsung the frame and Apple TV 4K in my bed room and my living room. The difference is that I have a Sonos Beam connected as well in my living room.

My point was, that a third device does not make a difference for turning off (setting to standby of) the TV.

Are both TVs the same model?

I guess I need to purchase some kind of receiver?

No, that is not needed for CEC/turning off|on connected devices.

1. Turn on CEC on Apple TV: Settings﹥Remotes and Devices﹥Control TVs and Receivers﹥On
  2. Turn on CEC on your TV: Home button﹥Settings﹥System﹥Expert Settings﹥Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC)﹥On or: Home button﹥Settings (All Settings)﹥General (Connection)﹥External Device Manager﹥Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC)﹥On (Exact menu navigation may differ by model TV and version OS of the TV. See your TV manual if needed.)
  3. That is all you can do. If it doesn’t work with those settings, then consult with Samsung Support.

Use Anynet+ on your TV - Samsung Support

Jun 11, 2022 1:08 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Ok, I might be a bit slow here, but then my samsung TV in my bed room simply interpets the request differently than my samsung TV in my living room?

Just to be super clear. I have a samsung the frame and Apple TV 4K in my bed room and my living room. The difference is that I have a Sonos Beam connected as well in my living room.

And if I would like to have the same experience in my bed room, I guess I need to purchase som kind of receiver?

Jun 11, 2022 3:09 AM in response to Urquhart1244

The TV in my living room is a Samsung the frame 2020 with an Apple TV 4K (new gen). The TV in my bedroom is also a Frame, model year 2021, connected to an Apple TV 4K (previous gen).

The settings are the same on both Apple TV and TVs. The Apple TV in my bedroom was previously placed in my living room, and then it worked just fine.

Thanks for the help - I’ll reach out to Samsung support.

My Apple TV 4K does not turen off Samsung TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.