Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home App no longer detecting people or animals

Something has changed within the last week or so in that the Home App no longer is recording when "People are Detected" or "Animals are Detected"....it is only recording when "motion" is detected which means I'm not getting notifications because I have notifications ONLY if a person or animal is detected. Like I said this was working fine up to about a week or perhaps less (Just noticed it within the last few days).

For example in the attached screenshot you can see people walking in front of my house and you can see the "motion" icon in the timeline as opposed to the "people" icon that I used to get.

I have the Eufy 2k Camera (four of them) and all of them are having the same problem. I do have a ticket opened with them but thought I'd also post here. I have deleted all the camera's and restated (still an issue). I am on the latest software (and firmware for the Eufy). Btw..I disable the video capture via the Eufy app and only use the Home App once the camera is added to Home App.

Appreciate any help and/or suggestions.

Thanks

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 3:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 3:53 PM

Ok...so it just dawned on me that the only thing that has changed is that my Home Hub (Apple TV) was updated to 15.5.1 on or around May 30th (the 15.5.1 actually came out on May 25th)

Similar questions

1 reply

Home App no longer detecting people or animals

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.