Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to set activity zones in Homekit Secure Video

Got some new Eufy Pro 2 cameras and set them up yesterday. Had originally set an Activity Zone within the Eufy app to not trigger for the trees in the garden bed. Eufy app had filtered out a few false motions (based on their AI) and I had no events (recordings) in the Eufy log.

I added the Camera and Homebase (bridge) into Homekit and can see the camera and stream from it. I set up an automation to trigger some nanoleaf lights when activity was detected.

Works great, but the automation gets triggered when a car drives past (well outside the activity zone I set in the Eufy app).

Followed the set up guides for setting activities zones on Homekit, Set up security cameras in Home on iPhone - Apple Support (HK), but that option is not shown on my iPad, iPhone or Mac, which are all up to date on software. Using AppleTV as hub, also up to date.

Anyone else had this issue? I have tried deleting the activity zone in the Eufy app and trying again in Homekit, but no success with that either.

Any thoughts, tips etc?

iPhone 11

Posted on Apr 28, 2022 11:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 12:11 AM

As is the way. You type out the question and then tweak a few more options and you fix it.

By default Homekit has Stream as recording option. Changed that to Stream and Allow and then under More Options, choose people as the specific motion. This then allowed the Select Activity Zone to be visible.

Just have to restart the AppleTV as the hub and hopefully no more false detections.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2022 12:11 AM in response to Bryan7931

As is the way. You type out the question and then tweak a few more options and you fix it.

By default Homekit has Stream as recording option. Changed that to Stream and Allow and then under More Options, choose people as the specific motion. This then allowed the Select Activity Zone to be visible.

Just have to restart the AppleTV as the hub and hopefully no more false detections.

Unable to set activity zones in Homekit Secure Video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.