Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Minor Grand Daughter Apple ID continues to say Verification Failed

I created an Apple ID for my minor grand daughter to use my old iPad. I restored my old iPad to the original condition then set it up for her. I established and Apple ID for her according to the directions for setting up and ID for a minor child. It worked when I first set it up.

Now, when she goes to the App Store, it asks her to sign in with her Apple ID and when she does it says "Verification Failed - this Apple ID is not active." Then it continues to ask for her Apple ID Password, and each time it says "Verification Failed - the Apple ID is not active."

What now?

iPad Air 5 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 8:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 8:13 PM

Ensure that there are no add-on VPN client apps, and no added “security” apps installed. If any are installed, remove those apps, restart, and try again. Failing that, contact Apple Support.

1 reply

Minor Grand Daughter Apple ID continues to say Verification Failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.