Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Network shield

I want to thank the community for posting this stuff I was on my iPad when this message popped up so I went to my phone to search if it was a real company and the community support save me from clicking it because it looks so official I just wanted to thank the community for being there so I did not make a huge mistake

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 11:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2022 11:25 PM

pilotbailsout Said:

"Network shield: I want to thank the community for posting this stuff I was on my iPad when this message popped up so I went to my phone to search if it was a real company and the community support save me from clicking it because it looks so official I just wanted to thank the community for being there so I did not make a huge mistake"

-------

A Phishing Scam Message?:

Are you saying you got a popup message that appeared to be a scam?

Report this Scam Message:

If it looks official, yet you are skeptical of it, then report it to Apple.  Do as I've instructed here: Using the Photos App to Report Scams - User Tips.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2022 11:25 PM in response to pilotbailsout

pilotbailsout Said:

"Network shield: I want to thank the community for posting this stuff I was on my iPad when this message popped up so I went to my phone to search if it was a real company and the community support save me from clicking it because it looks so official I just wanted to thank the community for being there so I did not make a huge mistake"

-------

A Phishing Scam Message?:

Are you saying you got a popup message that appeared to be a scam?

Report this Scam Message:

If it looks official, yet you are skeptical of it, then report it to Apple.  Do as I've instructed here: Using the Photos App to Report Scams - User Tips.

Jun 11, 2022 2:19 AM in response to pilotbailsout

See >>>  Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Should you have any concern:

The majority of threats to which you will be invariably exposed will surface via web pages or embedded links within email. These browser-based attacks can largely be mitigated by installing a good Content and Ad-blocking product. One of the very best and most respected within the Apple App Store - designed for iPad, iPhone and Mac - is 1Blocker for Safari.

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/1blocker-for-safari/id1365531024

1Blocker is highly configurable - and crucially does not rely upon an external proxy-service of dubious provenance. All processing takes place on your device - and contrary to expectations, Safari will run faster and more efficiently. 

Unwanted content is not simply filtered after download (a technique used by basic/inferior products), but instead undesirable embedded content blocked form download. A further benefit on metered services, such as cellular connections where you data may be capped or chargeable, this not only improves speed but also saves you money. 1Blocker has also recently introduced its new “Firewall” functions - that are explicitly designed to block “trackers”. Being implemented at the network-layer, this additional protection works across all Apps. Recent updates to 1Blocker has introduced additional network extensions, extending protection to other Apps.

A further measure to improve protection is to use a security focussed DNS Service in preference to automatic DNS settings. This can either be set on a per-device basis in Settings, or can be set-up on your home Router - and in so doing extends the benefit of this specific protection to other devices on your local network. I recommend using one of the following DNS services - for which IPv4 and IPv6 server addresses are listed:

Quad9 (recommended)

2620:fe::fe

2620:fe::9

OpenDNS

2620:0:ccc::2

2620:0:ccd::2

Cloudflare+APNIC

2606:4700:4700::1111

2606:4700:4700::1001

Use of the above DNS services will help to shield you from “known bad” websites and URLs - and when used alongside 1Blocker, or other Content Blocker provides defense in depth.

Jun 11, 2022 9:21 AM in response to TheLittles

Yes last night I was looking for a French dip recipe had a French dip recipe that looked like it was officially from Apple and said whatever but my friend caution me years ago to be official I'm 73 so I'm not very good at doing stuff I was afraid to do anything so I went to my iPhone and searched the name of the network she been some post a couple years ago so I wanted to thank you ever posted that had some morning I don't know how to send it to APPLE when I started out looking for a French dip recipes and it was when I was searching for Bobby Flay recipe thank you very much

Network shield

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.