Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music desktop app library keeps rolling back / not staying updated / cloud sync issue

Is anybody else having this issue lately and if so, has anybody managed to find a fix? I've installed all the latest updates in the hope is was a bug but it doesn't seem to have sorted anything at all. It's been happening - as far as I have noticed, as I haven't been using it a terrible lot these last few months - for a month or so, maybe longer.

I'm finding that, for example, if I create a playlist and add, let's say, 20 songs to it, but then come back later and add 15 more... If I come back a day or two later, the 15 tracks I added later aren't there anymore.

I'm finding that if I delete 100 tracks from the library, the next day, they're back, and I don't want them. And it doesn't matter how often I delete them.

I'm finding that if I name a dozen playlists, their titles have all disappeared a day or two later (as well as a lot of the content I added to them) and reverted back to a previous title or "Untitled 9" or something.

Basically, many changes I make to my library just aren't sticking and it's becoming unbearable. Any tips?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 12:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 1:35 PM

This particular issue should have been fixed in macOS 12.4. Try holding down option+cmd as you launch Music to open it in safe mode. You can also try holding down option as you launch Music and use the choose library option to explicitly select your library, typically at ~/Music/Music/Music Library.musiclibrary in case Music is somehow getting connected to a cached copy of the library it may use for sharing.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2022 1:35 PM in response to liamteer

This particular issue should have been fixed in macOS 12.4. Try holding down option+cmd as you launch Music to open it in safe mode. You can also try holding down option as you launch Music and use the choose library option to explicitly select your library, typically at ~/Music/Music/Music Library.musiclibrary in case Music is somehow getting connected to a cached copy of the library it may use for sharing.

tt2

Music desktop app library keeps rolling back / not staying updated / cloud sync issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.